Welcome to Jarvis Dog Boarding, the luxury retreat for Hampshire’s finest hounds.
- 10 years training experience rehabilitating difficult and aggressive dogs
- Graduated from the University of Winchester Education Studies BA with First Class Honours (for which I wrote a dissertation on the imbalances in Western dog training practices).
- Fully DEFRA compliant and insured by Petplan
- Dog first aid trained
- Gun dog specialist
- Qualified Dog Trainer and Instructor certificates with Dr. Ian Dunbar Training Academy & CRCNF Dog Training
- Five star boarding licence from Southampton City Council
- Past volunteer with The Rare Breeds Centre Kent
- Friend of Lord Whisky Animal Sanctuary & Second Chance Animal Rescue
- Five-time nominee for Hampshire Women’s Business Awards in 2018
- Regular volunteer with The Bitterne Littler Team
This is our story.
Hello, my name is Jarvis. I have been training dogs since I was five years old (and professionally for over 10 years). We always owned dogs when I was a child and it was very early on that I felt dogs were my calling in life.
I first began to train dogs over 10 years ago, working as a volunteer walking and training aggressive and problematic dogs on a one to one basis. These dogs belonged to owners had lost all hope of a normal life with their pets and were avoiding “normal” activities to avoid other dogs and people.
My reward-based methods for rehabilitating dogs to be calm, happy and dog-friendly gained momentum I was labelled a “dog whisperer” due to my ability to turn a dog’s behaviour around in a very short space of time. From there, the business grew into what is it today – Jarvis Dog Boarding & Training.
Now I provide luxury training and boarding experiences for companion dogs in my home with the help of my rescue West Highland Terrier; “Doggy” who is my right arm and an asset to the pack. Doggy came to me as a troubled rescue from our friends at Lord Whisky Animal Sanctuary and made a complete recovery with time, patience and most importantly, training.
Although retired from rehabilitating aggressive dogs, I now provide families with hyperactive pets simple and kind training methods to reveal the “true dog” that may have been hiding behind bad behaviour.
Our guests who board and train are our second family and we love them dearly.
We have great plans to expand the business in 2020 and are now recruiting professional dog sitters to join our team. Read more.