Luxury Home Dog Boarding
- Full hire of bowls, towels, toys, personal crates and accessories.
- CCTV surveillance
- Secure garden and exercise areas
- Time to socialise & play with other friendly dogs
- Daily walks and games
- Eco-friendly biodegradable poo bags
- Secure location
- Lots of love and affection
- Picture updates via email
How to Book
- Get it touch and let request your dates
- We’ll send you our starter pack to register your pet’s details
- You’ll be invited to a free meet and greet
- Later, your dog will attend a trial day or half day to get to know us and settle in
- Your pet is now ready for their big holiday or residential training
We recommend new customers book their dog’s first holiday in well in advance to allow time for this process.
Doggy Day Care
All regular Doggy Day Care spaces are currently fully booked for 2020. Please get in touch for ad hoc bookings.
Dogs We Accept
It is imperative all visiting dogs hold a good temperament in order to really enjoy their experience and maintain a safe, fun environment. Our dogs all get along very well and are highly experienced in welcoming new dogs to our pack.
We take on dogs over the age of 5 months old. Only dog-friendly dogs can be accepted into our care, due to the free-roaming nature of our home. New dogs are assessed for their suitability at one free “meet and greet”. A trial day is required before a booking is confirmed to ensure the well-being of your pet. .
We take great care in respecting our neighbours, due to this we have strict check in times. Any form of aggressive behaviour will result in the termination of all boarding contracts. Please note we cannot accept females in season or complete males over the age of 10 months old.
We understand that all dogs have their quirks. If you are unsure of your dog’s eligibility, please email queries to email@example.com before completing this form to discuss your dog’s needs.
Covid-19 Social Distancing & Hygiene Measures
Covid-19 is still a very serious virus, and we are committed to ensuring the highest standard of health and safety as lockdown eases. Due to this, we have implemented new social distancing measures during arrivals and collections.
We will only be taking on new dogs for training purposes until further notice.
By booking your dog’s stay, you consent to the following additional hygiene and safety requirements:
- Please ensure your dog has been fully exercised the day prior to their visit.
- All bedding, leads and collars must be washed before boarding overnight
- Customers are encouraged to make use of the outdoor sanitization and social distancing measures.
- JDB&T will lightly clean and groome each dog with Leucillin (dog-safe anti-bacterial spray) at the start and end of each arrival/departure.
- A sanitized box will be provided for your dog’s food and belongings.
- All gates will be sanitized between customer visits.
- Please wear a face mask and gloves during your time with us.
- Jarvis Dog Boarding and Training will use their own leads to handle and walk dogs on/off site.
- Walking routes may be subject to change to avoid contact with the public.
- Your dog will come into contact with dogs from other households during their visit.
- Meet and greets will take place outside only until further notice. Please watch our social distancing video for a virtual tour of our home. Please do your best to arrive on time.
- Do not attend your booking if you experience any symptoms of sickness such as a high fever, dry cough, loss of taste and smell or general flu-like symptoms.
- These terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply services to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your booking form. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Jarvis Clothier trading as Jarvis Dog Boarding & Training.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 07800 872347 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in the Dog Boarding, Day Care & Training Application Form.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- Our contract with you
- How we will accept your booking. Our acceptance of your booking will take place when we tell you that we are able to provide you with the services, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your booking. If we are unable to accept your booking, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the services. This might be because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the services.
- Your rights to make changes
- If you wish to make a change to the services, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the services, their timing or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
- Our rights to make changes
We may change the services:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements
- Providing the services
- When we will provide the services. We will supply the services to you from the date of your booking until we have completed the services. The estimated completion date for the services is as told to you during the booking process.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our performance of the services is affected by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
- Information we require before we can confirm a booking with you. We need to be aware of your dog’s general behaviour (such as but not limited to whether he or she is dog-friendly, is obedient or has zero aggression), his or her diet, sleeping arrangements, health history, and any other information we deem important at any time. This information will need to be provided to us in the booking form prior to the booking. If you do not provide the necessary information, we will not be able to confirm the booking.
- Reasons we may suspend the services. We may have to suspend the services to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the services to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the services as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 5).
- Your rights if we suspend the services. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending the services, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. Should we cancel your booking at short notice due to extenuating circumstances (such as death, serious accident, ill-health, bereavement or similar), you will be refunded within 30 days.
- Cancellation Policy
7.1 We have a limited number of spaces available, and as such, we must charge you in accordance with the following for cancellations:
- Cancellations within 4 weeks of your booking start date will incur a 50% fee of your dog’s total stay.
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of your booking will incur a 100% fee of your dog’s total stay.
- Day care cancellations within 48 hours of the booking will be charged.
Failure to pay your invoice inside the dates specified may result in third party debt collection.
- Our rights to cancel
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the services.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we cancel the contract in the situations set out in clause 1 you will be subject to pay the cancellation fees given in paragraph 7 above.
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract at any time by writing to you if:
- If there is a problem with the services
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the services, please contact us.
- Summary of your legal rights. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the services. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
· you can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it. This is not applicable to boarding and may not be applicable to training depending on the circumstances.
· if you haven’t agreed a price beforehand, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable.
· if you haven’t agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
- Bookings and payment
- Deposits. When submitting your boarding application forms, you will be asked to submit a BACS deposit to secure your reservation. All deposits to be made to the following account:
Jarvis Dog Boarding & Training
30 97 14
- Deposits are as follows:
- Residential Training deposit: £500; or
- General holiday boarding deposit: 50% of the booking total.
- Deposits will be deducted from your total fee. After the deposit has been made, new clients will be invited to attend a 45-minute meet and greet. This charge is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation at any time after a successful meet and greet.
- We are not able to keep bookings open for more than 7 days without completed forms and a securing payment.
- Subsequent booking deposits are non-refundable in the event they are cancelled after 48 hours of being arranged.
- When full payment is due. The outstanding fee for your dog’s boarding must be paid before your dog’s stay.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we provide the services, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the services in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the services we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the service’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the services for domestic and private use. If you use the services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- How we may use your personal information
- How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- provide the services;
- process your payment for such services; and
- if you agreed to this during the order process, to inform you about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving these communications at any time by contacting us.
- Before we supply you with any of our services, we must have your consent to use and retain the sensitive data you have provided in relation to your dog’s registered home/adoption address, contact details, emergency contact, Veterinary contacts, health details (or similar) in order to ensure your dog’s well-being and safety during any chosen service. If you would like your personal data to be removed from our systems after a service has been carried out, please email email@example.com
- How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- Other important terms
13.1 Arrivals & Collections
- You deliver/collect your dog at the time agreed in your invoice. Failure to arrive within your agreed 30-minute time slot may result in a £10 charge to cover your dog’s additional care. Extenuating circumstances will be considered in this instance (death, bereavement, ill-health, serious accident or similar);
- You will present the dog for boarding in a clean state;
- You will present up to date certificates for vaccinations, flea, tick and worming treatments at your meet and greet including kennel cough these must be administered a minimum of 2 weeks before your dog’s stay;
- You will supply the necessary dog food for the duration of the stay. If additional food is required, you agree upon presentation of a receipt to refund Jarvis Dog Boarding & Training. In-house feeding is £5 per day and must be arranged well in advance of your dog’s stay;
- Your dog must have a legible ID tag attached to their collar or harness with your contact details engraved by law;
- Your dog must be microchipped by law;
- Do not arrive outside of your allocated arrival or collection times without first speaking directly to your dog sitter.
- Training is not suitable for dogs with aggression or destructive behaviours. Dogs are unpredictable by nature. While every care is taken to train your dog to the highest standard, we cannot guarantee that your dog’s behaviour will improve, nor can we guarantee that your dog won’t revert back to old behaviours once they return home. The training we put in place is designed to be foundations to help you and your dog learn a new routine, and we will not necessarily return a fully trained dog to you.
- You must be willing and able to commit to carrying on with the training that is put in place by us. You can achieve this by attending the aftercare that is available to you. The training results achieved by each dog depend on the individual animal’s abilities as well as the amount of time spent attending training.
- General Care and DEFRA regulations
15.1 We are unable to accept bookings for a dog subject to the terms of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, exempted dogs, or any other dogs with known or on-going aggression towards other dogs and/or people;
- Bitches in season cannot attend any of the services provided;
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted on site due to health and safety;
- By booking an appointment for your pet to stay with us, you consent to your dog sharing their boarding or day care facility with other dogs from different homes. These dogs will be matched to the best of our ability and include dogs of different breeds, sizes and ages for day care, boarding and training;
- You consent to the possibility that your dog may share their designated room with the resident dog, dogs from another household or other dogs in your ownership;
- You consent to your dog sleeping in a suitably sized crate at night due to health and safety as well as emergency evacuation procedures;
- You consent to a possible small overlap of more than four boarding dogs per night during your dog’s stay for a maximum of seven nights;
- You consent to the possibility that your dog may be fed or rewarded in the same room as another dog with strict supervision from your boarder;
- You consent that your dog may be rewarded with toys or treats in outside areas in the presence of other dogs;
- You consent to your dog being walked on a lead in public with up to 4 other dogs per carer;
- You consent to your dog running free in our secure outside areas with other dogs;
- We cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury that may be incurred during your dog’s stay;
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact you the owner, and your emergency contact in the event of an emergency. However, we reserve the right to make decisions regarding your dog’s health provided it is at all times acting in the best interests of the dog and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon. If your dog becomes unwell, has an accident, injures himself/herself or seems to be in any type of pain or distress, we may need to take him/her to a veterinary surgeon. You agree to be responsible for payment of all the veterinarian fees incurred;
- In the unlikely event of euthanasia being deemed necessary by a qualified veterinary surgeon, you will be called immediately to provide consent and to make arrangements thereafter;
- You agree to disclose any quality or characteristic which might make your dog unsuitable for home boarding, including, but not limited to; behavioural or health problems, anti-social behaviour including aggression, incontinence or excessive noise or destructive behaviours;
- Failure on your part to disclose any matter which might render the dog unsuitable for boarding will amount to a fundamental breach of this contract;
- If your dog presents undisclosed behavioural or health issues that breach this contract, your emergency contact will be contacted to collect your dog immediately. In this instance, the fee is non-refundable;
- Should your dog destroy any furniture or belongings of the carer beyond reasonable wear and tear, you agree to replace items at cost. Dog beds are £25 each.
- You agree to be responsible for veterinary fees should your dog attack or injure the resident dog;
- You agree that if you instruct us to exercise your dog off-lead you accept full liability for any loss or damage caused as a result of your dog being off the lead;
- In the event that your dog attacks a person or a dog or in the event that he/she is involved in a fight with another dog/person causing any damage, injury or death you agree to be responsible for any losses incurred including payment of veterinary fees or any medical treatment required;
- In the event that you fail to collect your dog from us on the agreed checkout date, your emergency contact will be notified to collect your dog. Should your emergency contact fail to collect your dog, we will hold the dog for 24 hours for which you will be liable for costs incurred. Dogs may be boarded for longer than previously agreed depending on calendar availability and you, the owner, paying the additional fees within the 24-hour holding period. Without these conditions in place your dog may be handed over to the local authority;
- If your dog’s behaviour should change or become unsuitable for boarding before a booking, you must notify us and cancel the booking. Cancellation fees may apply;
- In the event of life-threatening sickness or injury your dog will be taken to the nearest available vet Beech House Surgery (or during out of hours) Vets4Pets Bitterne. In non-emergencies all efforts will be made to attend your dog’s registered surgery provided they are in reasonable travelling distance.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things or prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the services, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- Alternative dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use.