Luxury Home Boarding Accommodation
At Jarvis Dog Boarding we pride ourselves on our luxurious, home dog boarding accommodation in Southampton. Visiting dogs benefit from our safe and relaxed environment to reduce the stress of being away from home.
We have several dog-friendly outbuildings and a picturesque garden for your dog to bask and play in during their time with us. All dogs sleep in our home at night. Dogs are provided with their own large crate fully of toys and comfortable bedding to ensure the highest standard of health and safety sleeping peacefully through the night. We are fully DEFRA compliant and have been awarded 5 stars by Southampton City Council.
Fun with Friends
Besides a homely environment for your dog to enjoy, we have a number of outbuildings that cater to their enjoyment. Our playroom is enjoyed by both our doggy day care and luxury boarding guests. It’s filled with toys, games, Flyball, and comfy places to take a break.
Our dog playroom is eco-friendly; 90% of this room has been created with recycled materials such as tennis balls straight from the courts and unwanted items that we have given a new home.
Well-Being & Safety
Jarvis Dog Boarding is committed to the well-being and health and safety of our guests. Your Dog Sitter is canine first aid trained to the highest standard and fully insured. Our home boarding premises operates multiple CCTV cameras 24/7 and is thoroughly kitted out with first aid kits, fire safety measures and detailed emergency evacuation plans. We hope they’ll never be needed, but it’s important to always be prepared.
All home boarding dogs are provided with warm clean bedding and a personal crate, but of course you can bring your own bedding if you prefer. We know it’s important to have something that smells like home.
Our aim is to ensure your dog has as good a holiday as you do. All home boarding dogs are exercised according to their breed, age and medical requirements so they can have fun at their own pace. We sometimes have excursions to the New Forest or the seaside with our regular guests.
The Stress-Free Retreat
Besides our walks, we have lots of on-site activities to keep our guests mentally-stimulated and physically healthy during their stay. Bobbing for tennis balls, endless games of fetch & treasure hunts are very popular with our regulars.
Home dog boarding means no kennels. We want your pets to enjoy a stress-free environment with company all day long. Leaving your dog for any period of time can be upsetting for you, but knowing they are in probably sleeping on someone’s lap or playing with other dogs is much nicer than picturing them in a kennel. We will send you a pet postcard via email with pictures and videos of your dog’s stay. You can also see how they’re getting on via Instagram.
Beds & Snackaroos
You are welcome to provide a clean bed or blanket your dog’s stay. However, we have lots of giant fleecy beds for our guests to sleep on. It’s always nice to bring a blanket that smells like home, we think it’s important that your dog has something of yours to comfort them during their first stay. If you think your dog might be a ‘chewer’ we ask that you bring a bed for your dog.
We all miss our dogs when we’re away – they’re family after all. That why we’ll email you every few days to let you know how your best friend is getting on.
Our Eco Mission
The planet is important to us, which is why we use sustainable, ethically sourced dog foods and treats. We are thrilled to be using biodegradable poo bags so that there is a little less plastic in the world. We have also begun to plant more bee-friendly plants in the garden & a majority of our waste is either recycled or composted to help the environment. Our tennis balls are pre-loved from the court and our paddling pool is filled with collected rain water!
We are currently working on a vegetable patch in the garden as well as setting up solar panels on the roof to make your pet’s stay greener than ever before!
We keep our accommodation very private so that our guests are safe, however you will have the opportunity to view our accommodation during a meet and greet. Our premises is very secluded in a private location with secure gates and fences with 24 hour CCTV.
Terms & Conditions
Booking & Payment
When submitting your boarding application forms, you will be asked to transfer £20 to secure your reservation. Bookings made 4 months or more in advance require a 50% deposit to secure your booking. This is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
- This will be deducted from your total fee. This charge is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation at any time after a successful meet and greet.
- Jarvis Dog Boarding is not able to keep bookings open for more than 7 days without completed forms and a securing payment.
- After this point you will be invited to attend a 30 minute meet and greet.
- Should your meet and greet be unsuccessful, or should you decide not to board your dog with Jarvis Dog Boarding (within 24 hours after the meet and greet), you will be refunded your £20 securing fee.
- Your outstanding fee for your dog’s boarding must be paid a minimum of 4 weeks before your dog’s stay.
- You agree that your dog will be photographed for our website and social media accounts. Should you have any concerns about this, please mention it at your meet and greet.
Jarvis Dog Boarding has a limited number of spaces available. Due to this, we must charge for cancellations:
Cancellations within 4 weeks of your booking start date will incur a 25% fee of your dog’s total stay.
Cancellations within 1 week of your booking will incur a 100% fee of your dog’s total stay.
Day care cancellations within 24 hours of the booking will be charged.
Arrivals & Collection Policy
- Customers must deliver/collect their dog at the time agreed in their invoice. Failure to arrive within your agreed 30-minute time slot will result in a £10 charge to cover your dog’s additional care. Extenuating circumstances will be considered in this instance (death, bereavement, ill-health or similar).
- You will present the dog for boarding in a clean state.
- You will present up to date certificates for vaccinations, Flea, Tick and worming treatments at your meet and greet.
- If you have not opted for in-house feeding, you will need to supply the necessary dog food and treats for the duration of the stay. If additional food is required you agree upon presentation of a receipt to refund Jarvis Dog Boarding.
General boarding & day care terms
- We are unable to accept bookings for a dog subject to the terms of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, exempted dogs, or any other dogs with known aggression towards other dogs and/or people.
- By booking an appointment for your pet to stay with Jarvis Dog Boarding, you consent to your dog living with puppies and/or dogs from other households as well as dogs undergoing training.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact you and your emergency contact in the event of an emergency. However, Jarvis Dog Boarding reserves the right to make decisions regarding your dog’s health provided it is at all times acting in the best interests of the dog and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon. If your dog becomes unwell, has an accident, injures himself/herself or seems to be in any type of pain, we may need to take him/her to a veterinary surgeon and you agree to be responsible for payment of all the veterinarian fees incurred.
- You agree to disclose any quality or characteristic which might make your dog unsuitable for home boarding, including, but not limited to behavioural or health problems, anti-social behaviour including aggression, incontinence/lack of housetraining or excessive barking/whining.
- Failure on your part to disclose any matter which might render the dog unsuitable for home boarding will amount to a fundamental breach of this agreement.
- If your dog presents undisclosed behavioural or health issues that breach this contract, your emergency contact will be contacted to collect your dog immediately. In this instance, the fee for your dog’s stay is non-refundable.
- Should your dog destroy any furniture or belongings of the carer beyond reasonable wear and tear, you agree to replace items at cost. Dog beds are £25-35 (if you feel your dog may destroy a bed, please bring your own).
- You agree that if you instruct Jarvis Home Boarding to exercise your dog off the lead you accept full liability for any loss or damage caused as a result of your dog being off the lead.
- In the event that your dog attacks a person or a dog or in the event that he/she is involved in a fight with another dog/person causing any damage or injury you agree to be responsible for any losses incurred including payment of veterinary fees or any medical treatment required.
- In the event that you fail to collect your dog from Jarvis Dog Boarding on the agreed checkout date, your emergency contact will be notified to collect your dog. Should your emergency contact fail to collect your dog, we will hold the dog for 24 hours for which you will be liable for costs incurred. Dogs may be boarded for longer than previously agreed depending on calendar availability and you, the owner, paying the additional fees within the 24 hour holding period. Without these conditions in place your dog may be handed over to the local authority.
- If your dog’s behaviour should change or become unsuitable for boarding before a booking, you must notify Jarvis Dog Boarding and cancel the booking.
- Should Jarvis Dog Boarding cancel your booking at short notice due to extenuating circumstances (such as death, ill-health, bereavement or similar), you will be refunded and provided with contact details for alternative boarding establishments in the area.