Liver Cake Recipe (for the Goodest Dogs).
Are you a baking fanatic? We are too! I think it’s safe to say it’s not just people who love a weekend treat. When it comes to our dogs however, it can be hard to know what to give them that is extra special and safe.
Human food can be a minefield for toxic chemicals, high salt, sugar, xylitol, poisonous dried fruits, chocolate – there are too many to name!
Liver Cake is a fantastic home-made treat for your pet. High-protein and delicious, this snack can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. It’s a great training aid too.
Get ready… Set… Bake!
- 1lb (450g) chicken or lamb liver
- 1lb (450g) organic self raising flour (or dry mashed potato to go wheat-free).
- 3 eggs
- A splash of water for consistency
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug
- Add an equal volume of water to the measuring jug and whisk
- Blend the liver in a food processor
- Add the egg mixture and flour. Blend to a sponge mixture consistency
- Empty contents into a greased baking tray. Bake at 180 degrees (or 350F) for 35 – 45 minutes
- Allow to cool then divide into 12 pieces and freeze
Feeling creative? Turn your pup’s snack into a cute shapes with these eco-friendly and BPA-free oven moulds!
Recommendation: liver cake should only be used as a high-value reward, and given to your dog in small quantities as part of a balanced diet. It should only be given to dogs and puppies over the age of six-months old. Always speak to your vet for advice.
Become a Member
Want to see more? Join our private membership area here.
Our private members have access to the very best of our dog training secrets, care and groom blogs, videos and downloads to empower each dog owner in their journey through life with their best friend.
Try it today for just £1.