Jarvis Dog Whisperer is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Jarvis Dog Whisperer may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from Jan 2016.
- Why we collect Personal Information
- What Personal Information we collect and when it is collected
- How your Personal Information is used and protected
- When and with whom your Personal Information is shared
- Your rights in regard to your Personal Information
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place an updated version on this page. This will help ensure that you are always aware of what information we collect and how we use it.
Unless stated, your personal data is being collected and processed by, or on behalf of, Jarvis Dog Boarding.
If you should have any queries about this, please contact email@example.com Your details will be removed within 30 days of your request.
What information do we collect about you?
Whilst visiting our site, contacting us for services, or making an online booking, you may be asked to enter personal data on one of our online forms. ‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Name and contact information. We may collect your first and last name, title, job title and company name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data.
- • Passwords, password hints and similar security information for authentication and account access.
- • Payment information. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you purchase one of our goods or services or make a donation, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number or bank account number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
- • Any personal information which you choose to provide us with in correspondence with you.
- • Photographs, videography and CCTV footage.
- • Your I.P. address (or Internet Protocol Address). This is a unique address that computing devices such as personal computers, tablets, and smartphones use to identify itself. An I.P. address is analogous to a street address or telephone number and could therefore be used to identify you.
- • We may collect other online identifiers including cookies information (for more information please see section 14 (‘Cookies Policy’)), the internet browser and devices you are using and the pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for.
- There are various ways you might share your personal information with Jarvis Dog Boarding, depending on how you interact with us. At present we offer the following channels of communication (though not all may be available to you and will depend on the reason for your contact with us):
- • Websites- online forms
- • Paper forms
- • Call-centres
- • Text
- • Face to face
Why we collect Personal Information
The information requested will be the minimum necessary in order to provide our services effectively, and may include your name, contact details, and other personal data; for example your emergency contact, Vet or behaviourist.
All local authorities have a duty to care for the health and wellbeing of the animals in our care. To help with this, we use data and information from a range of sources to ensure the safety and well-being of your animal. Examples of the data processed for this purpose include births, deaths and Veterinary activity data.
Important information about the processing of your personal data
- The purpose of the processing will be the service or function for which the information is being collected, and your personal data will not be used for another purpose, unless provided for by law
- Jarvis Dog Boarding may share your personal information for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection, or prosecution of criminal offences
- We will not process your personal data unless it is necessary to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation, perform a public task, or to exercise official authority
- In performing the service or function, it may be necessary for us to share some of your personal data with internal departments.
- We will not transfer your personal data to other countries or international organisations without adequate data protection
- We may require to retain your personal information by law. These include, among other things, your written consent to the processing, that the processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, or our company is subject to a legal obligation by which processing of personal data is required, such as for the fulfillment of tax obligations.
- Your personal data will only be held for as long as necessary for the performance of the service or function. This period will vary depending on the service or function being performed, for example multiple bookings or services required by you the customer.
- You have the right to request access to your personal data being processed by us, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to request the rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing of your personal data. Such requests should be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
- If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. Please note, withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that took place prior to this.
- Whilst concerns about the processing of your personal data should be raised with our Data Protection Officer in the first instance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- If we are requesting your personal data, it is because it is necessary and relevant to the service or function being performed. As such, if you withhold information, it is likely that we will not be able to perform the service or function, or there will be a delay in doing so
- Your information will be held and transferred securely at all times and we will ensure that nobody has access to it who shouldn’t. Where necessary, we will use encryption to ensure the security of your transactions
- Communications with Jarvis Dog Boarding (including online transactions) may be subject to monitoring and recording only for purposes permitted by the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000
Consent – How to Opt In and Out
For services to be carried out by Jarvis Dog Boarding, we must have your consent to use and retain the sensitive data you have provided in relation to your dog’s registered home/adoption address, contact details, emergency contact, Veterinary contacts, health details of your pet or similar in order to ensure your dog’s well-being and safety during any chosen service.
Without your consent we cannot provide the services listed. All details can be removed from our archives on request should you feel they are no longer required.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Customers who fail to provide consent for past services by 25th May 2018 will have their data on our system automatically deleted.
Jarvis Dog Boarding place cookies onto your computer for the purpose of making your visits to our sites more friendly and efficient. Legislation requires we tell you about this and to give you the option to remove these cookies if you so wish.
Jarvis Dog Boarding makes every effort to maintain the accuracy of the information on this web site and this privacy statement applies to this entire website – www.jarvisthedogwhisperer.com and other associated websites) it does not apply to linked external websites. When linking to another web site, Jarvis Dog Boarding recommends that you read their privacy statement on cookies.
Please note, some of our web pages include Google maps or links to YouTube film and these third party sites will register their own Cookies if you click into them.
Cookie security and privacy issues
When visiting our site, we will record the following information, in order to help us improve the browsing experience. We do not use this for tracking purposes.
- IP address
- operating system
- screen resolution
If you send us an email, its contents will be checked before it is released to the person to whom it was sent. Software will automatically detect unacceptable content, including obscenities and profanities, certain attachment types, viruses, spam (junk emails). If an email that contains unacceptable content is detected, it will not be delivered.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Please contact us for this via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.